Welcome to the Personal Tutoring and Academic Advising website
The materials on this website are aimed at supporting the training of personal tutors and academic advisers, primarily in UK higher education though they may also be useful to colleagues working in further education and in a non-UK context. They are intended to be helpful to educational and staff developers and trainers for use within workshops, but may also be directly useful as stand-alone materials for staff undertaking the tutor/adviser role. Some of the materials may also be relevant to the training of mentors and coaches.
The site is currently divided into six areas:
A. Materials likely to be of general interest:
- Policies and Practices in UK HE: provides links to HEIs’ websites and documentation
- Research Literature: a reading list of articles and research studies with links where access is available
- Resources and Other Links: training materials and links to other useful websites and organisations.
B. Materials relevant to the joint award being offered by CRA and SEDA in Personal Tutoring and Academic Advising
- SEDA Professional Development Award: details of the Award, including how to apply for the second cohort.
- SEDA PDA Handbook: the downloadable document for those undertaking the Award, or for the potential participants who wish to see what is involved.
- SEDA Portfolio Pages: rubrics for the assessment tasks associated with the award.
This site is designed to grow as more materials and links added, so if you have developed materials or websites yourself which you would be willing to share, please send them to Janet Strivens (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact her to discuss this.
We would also be very pleased to received feedback on any aspect of the site or the materials.