Professional Development Award in Supporting Student Employability and Enterprise
to be launched on Friday 20th April 2018
at Birmingham City University
The Centre for Recording Achievement is delighted to announce the launch of a new CPD award in employability and enterprise. We are pleased to be able to provide you with details of, and invite your participation in, a major new National Award commencing April 2018.
This National Award will address demand for the continuing professional development of higher education staff, particularly academic staff, in supporting the development of student employability and enterprise in their working setting. It supports professional engagement with the implementation of enhanced practice in evidence informed ways, and in the presentation of the learning and outcomes from this in the form of a Portfolio for accreditation.
Intended for those who are involved in such work in post-compulsory, adult education and HE settings, the award aims to help participants to:
- Explore the theory, concepts and practices involved in supporting students in the development and recognition of appropriate attributes and capabilities in employability and enterprise.
- Support, coach and develop others to contribute to this important set of activities.
- Develop and implement enhanced professional practice in supporting student employability and enterprise whether within or outside the curriculum.
- Adopt and promote a scholarly, research- and evidence-informed approach to existing and developing practice.
- Deal with issues they face in their role in relation to implementing enhanced practice.
- Foster a critically reflective approach to such practice.
Specifically the Award will:
- Provide professional recognition for academic staff and for those tasked with enhancing policy and practice with regard to employability and enterprise at their institution
- Explicitly support the implementation of enhanced and new practice.
- Foster collaboration with Careers and Employability staff at institutional level.
- By providing a national cohort, facilitate learning across institutions.
- By being mapped to the UKPSF, support claims for HEA recognition at appropriate levels.
This Award will be launched at the extension workshop following the Supporting Student Employability and Enterprise Seminar at Birmingham City University on Friday 20th April 2018. A programme for the seminar will follow shortly.
For further information on costs and how to apply for this Award, please click here.
The CRA is currently undergoing accreditation for this programme by CPD Standards - see https://www.cpdstandards.com/