Evidence from the recent HEAR 'State of Play' report (2018) indicates that with employers in particular, the use of data derived from the HEAR remains ad-hoc and student led. We also recognise, however, that:
- LinkedIn claim that individuals can add Digital Badges to their LinkedIn profiles;
- ‘One-third of employers use social media to recruit’ (The Independent, 30/9/15);
- enabling HEAR data to be accessed via a students LinkedIn profile offers the opportunity to connect student engagement and employer engagement by:
- helping students make use of HEAR data in building a LinkedIn profile.
- raising awareness of the availability of HEAR data amongst employers who increasingly use social media in recruitment.
Led by Matthew Pittinsky, this webinar will provide an overview and evidence of social sharing of academic records in the U.S. and the approach taken to easily allow students to share their digital records, like badges, certificates and diplomas. Learn about students’ expectations, motivations, and feelings around socially sharing their academic records from Parchment, a leader in academic records management.